Hard Drive Issue/Mess

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by MVPTrading, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVPTrading

MVPTrading Registered Member

Good morning. I am hoping that someone out there can help out a newbie.
    I am not the most tech savvy individual, but I will give you as much information as I know.

I have a HD SATA 200GB (Western Digital). Windows 7 stopped recognizing it a couple of days ago and I was researching what to do in terms of getting the HD to reappear. Well, in that time I was unable to find a solution. While I was working on the computer -> manage -> storage -> disk management section, I stepped away from my desk and it looks like one of my boys decided to be a technician (he is 6) and now my drive went from basic to dynamic.

At this point, I am panicked reading that I can't revert the drive from dynamic back to basic to get the data back. I am hoping that my worst fears have not been realized and that I lost a large chunk of data.

The drive was not shared or RAIDed. I got in on the $9.99 10-day offer for the software in hopes that someone can guide me in solving this issue (at least getting the data back from dynamic to basic), not too worried about the Windows 7 issue. If I can get the data back, I will buy an external housing and pull the data out of another PC.

Thank you in advance for any assistance that folks here on this forum can provide.

Have a good day.

Jorge

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

As far as I understand, you have Partition Manager 11 Personal .

Unfortunately, the option to convert Dynamic to Basic in not available in Personal version.

Could you please post here a scheenshot of Windows Disk management tool with connected 200GB HDD?

3. MVPTrading

MVPTrading Registered Member

I will do so as soon as I get home.
    I am at the office and I had some time to post this call for assistance.
    Thank you very much for replying and I will post it this evening and look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience.

Thank you once again.

4. tgell

tgell Registered Member

MVPTrading:

I have sent you a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.