Hard drive is dying, How to I transfer Pro license to new Windows 7 Install new drive

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by kidsafighting, Feb 13, 2014.

1. kidsafighting

kidsafighting Registered Member

I have two windows 7 desktops with Virtual System Pro 2011. One of them has a hard drive that is starting to fail. I am going to replace the hard drive and re-install Windows 7 again from the recovery discs (the bad sectors have corrupted some system files).
    Two questions:
    1. How do I determine what one of my two licenses is on the bad hard drive machine (They were bought and installed at the same time.)

2. How do I transfer that license to the new install on the new hard drive?

Thanks for any assistance.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi kidsafighting, welcome to forums and I hope the "fighting" is not too heavy ;)

Send the following to the support address (support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com):

1. The name you registered your copies of the software under
    2. The e-mail address you used for the registration
    3. The Installation IDs for the two clients (if possible) which you will find at preferences > Advanced tab.

Mike

3. kidsafighting

kidsafighting Registered Member

I just purchased a new hard drive last night and will try a re-install today. I will send the information as requested. I still have the confirmation e-mails sent by cs at cleverbridge dot com if that helps.
    The kidsafighting is what my children do usually when I am on the phone with a perspective client.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    The support team cleared the license assignment on the client you identified as being on the failed hard drive. You should be good to go on reassigning the license to the new client on the new hard drive as soon as you are ready.

Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.