Hard Disk Suite 2011: What does password protection really do?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by brocks, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brocks

brocks Registered Member

Very simple question (I hope): when you password protect an image in Paragon's Hard Disk Suite 2011, what is the actual level of protection?

Is the entire image run through DES or some other industrial strength encryption, or is there just something to prevent Paragon from continuing without the correct password, but the image is still readable by a sector editor or similar software?

Thanks for any help.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Paragon's documentation always looks good at first glance but when I try to investigate something in more detail I seem to have trouble finding any clarification.

I did see a reference mentioning encryption and the Backup and Recovery Home 11 displays encryption as a "new" feature. However, I would always assume password protection to mean just that without any real encryption.

Log a support call with Paragon and get a hopefully more informed answer. Plse post the response here so we can all learn from it.

3. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

4. brocks

brocks Registered Member

Thanks very much for the information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.