Hard disk not found (from boot-cd)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by siosi, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siosi

siosi Registered Member

Hi. I have a MSI RS482M4-IL mainboard with a Seagate Barracuda 250 Gb SATA drive. The mainboard is based on ATi® RS482/ RX480 & ATi SB450 chipsets and supports dual channel native SATA. I'm Using Acronis True Image 8.0 build 721. I made the bootable CD, and when I tried to create an image, I got a message saying there were no recognizable drives. True Image 8 does not support my SATA controller:( ?

Thanks for your attention.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

That IS an old version AND old build of TI. Try the trial version of the latest and see if it solves your problem.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello siosi,

You may first wish to ensure you've registered your existing version/build of TI as per the Forum sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post> and then download and try the latest build (937) of TI 8. You must create a new bootable rescue CD after updating.

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello siosi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please do as Menorcaman, i.e. download and install the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that since you use an older version of Acronis True Image you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears, because Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD does not have a selection screen.

If that does not help either then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please also download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists. Inform us about the results.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.