Hard Disk Manager 2009 Professional Can't Find HP MEDIAVAULT on Recovery

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by mcojoc, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcojoc

mcojoc Registered Member

Hi,

Quick question for everyone. I cannot find the answer when searching, so if this is an easy question, please accept my apologies in advance.

I currently have an HP Media Vault (MV2, linux op sys) set up as NAS on my home network. The Hard Disk Manager 2009 Professional program is able to locate the media vault for backup, but not for recovery when using my 32 bit windows VISTA laptop. I have a mapped drive on the NAS for backups that shows up just fine in windows and in the backup portion of the program, but when I use the boot disk to attempt to recover, the mapped drive does not show up for me to find/select my archive. I'm guessing a service or driver isn't being loaded/initialized when using my recovery disk (tried both my user generated boot disk AND the paragon provided 'graphical' application disk but with no luck.)

Any assistance would be appreciated. Obviously an Archive file is no good if it can't be accessed for recovery!!!

Forgot to mention; This system is connected to the network via wireless...Do I want too much?

Thanks,
    Mitch

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Mitch,

The issue is that the advanced recovery CD does not have a driver loaded for your network controller, you will be able to load the driver into the recovery environment via tools>load driver. Since the disk is a winPE 2.1 image you will need to use the Windows Vista SP1 driver, regardless of the OS you are restoring. Once the driver is loaded into the environment you should be able to see the network, or at least use the network configurator to set an ip and connect to your NAS device.

This is common when using a wireless network controller, as by default the drivers are not included.

3. mcojoc

mcojoc Registered Member

Awesome. Thanks Matt. I'll give that a try tonight; I'll use the hardware manager on the system to find the driver name for my wireless card, then use the utility on the recovery disk to load that in.

I'll let you know if there are any problems. Thanks for the prompt reply!

4. mcojoc

mcojoc Registered Member

No luck.... I found the .inf driver in the manage hardware section of control panel, but when I locate and select the file (oem49.inf) in the recovery manager, I get an error from the program that states that it cannot find the file in the selected path.

Any other suggestions? I'll scan the forums for more help in the mean time....

the program tells me network cannot be found or is not started...

(Both messages are paraphrasing.. I can't do screen shots and show you the actual values..)

Thanks again.

5. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Where is the inf file saved? try copying it to another location and try again (a flash drive for example)

Also, you are going to have trouble associating with your wireless network in the recovery environment, I highly recommend using a physical cable if at all possible. The only other solution I can think of is a wireless gaming adapter, which allows you to connect a wired lan controller to a wifi network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.