Hard disk cloning & Vista activation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DoubleJ, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleJ

DoubleJ Registered Member

I'm getting a new PC in a week or so and it'll come with Windows Vista (Home Premium)..... the OEM version.

On my Windows XP PC I use ATI to create a hard disk clone as a kind of backup. When the PC's hard disk failed it was quick and easy to put the clone in. I was up and running and in minutes - no waiting to get a new disk delivered. I've also used the cloning routine to upgrade to a bigger hard disk. Windows XP has been quite happy with this.

But I've read in several places that Vista is going to be a lot more fussy. I hear that it'll be quite tolerant of processor upgrades and even motherboard upgrades. But I hear that it won't tolerate hard disk changes without requiring re-activation.

I'll be moving on to ATI 10 when my new computer arrives. So..... does ATI 10 manage to do hard disk clones that Vista is happy with? Or will I need to rethink my strategy?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DoubleJ,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that you will be able to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to clone (as well as back up/restore) the computer with Windows Vista operating system the same way as the computer with Windows XP.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Phenny

Phenny Registered Member

it won't affect product-activation as it isn't anywhere outside of the system itself;
    with Vista pre-installed you also shouldn't run into problems with the boot-files being on another partition and the likes;
    the only scenario i could imagine running into trouble, would be when using BitLocker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.