hanging in log off

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by rollers, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. My computer keeps hanging in log off and I have to switch it off via the switch. This has only happened since using regdefend and I was hoping the new version had cured it. Any ideas.
    Also using PG, nod32 and zonealarm pro.

Thanks Rollers

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Rollers

Are you getting any boxes pop up saying "fillin the blank" program is trying to close or something to that effect. I had the same problem with Gadwins printscreen, and once I gave it application override in RD all was fine.

Pete

3. rollers

not getting any pop ups or warnings, it just hangs so I can't tell which process is hanging.

thanks Rollers

4. rollers

Well, I did solve it............ended up having to take off Regdefend and process guard to get it shutting down again. Not the end result I was after, but at least I got my machine working properly again.

Rollers

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi rollers,

Yep, sometimes these things happens. It happens to me when I am running BOClean on my machine.

You might want to try this:

1) Re-install Processguard and leave in learning mode
    2) Restart
    3) Shut-down again and restart
    4) Install RegDefend with ProcessGuard still in learning mode
    5) Try shutting down and re-starting
    6) If all goes well, bring PG out of learning mode

I have the same programs as you (and many others) running with no problems. But things happend during installation that may create issues.

Just as an aside, I use RegSeeker to clean up my registry after I uninstall, but I don't recommend this unless you know what you are doing.

Rich

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I had the same problem as you, Rollers. I had to uninstall too to get the computer to shutdown, it worked the moment Regdefend was removed the computer.

I had btw followed the same steps that Rich's very correctly suggests with regard to Process Guard, but it didn't work.

In all fairness, it has to be noted that i do have other programs installed (Window Washer, Spy Sweeper and Ewido) that has given some users some trouble, these didn't give me any of the problems described by others though.

RegDefend is in the very beginning of it's development and some are bound to have small niggling problems, often these are IME down to usability issues and doing some tweaking to workaround them, i have just not been able to pinpoint it to something specific, not a biggie, i will most definitely install RegDefend at a later date to take a more serious look, i like the black skin btw, very :cool: ....:)

7. rollers

Hi and thanks for everyones replies.

I did try the install in learning mode for PG a couple of times but to no avail. I too cannot trace the problem, but there is some kind of conflict. No worries, I shall wait and these niggles should hopefully be sorted in subsequent releases.

Thanks again for your time.

Rollers

8. jvillas

jvillas Registered Member

I also have had this same issue on log off. I had to uninstall to correct this. I also have BoClean, ProcessGuard, and nod32 installed. AhtlonXP, XPSP2 1G Ram,all is updated.

9. richrf

richrf Registered Member

I have the following programs running real-time with Windows XP SP2 on a 512K machine:

KAV 4.5
    Ewido Licenced
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    ProcessGuard Licensed
    RegDefend Licensed
    UnHackMe 2.0
    Prevx Home

It is possible for me to run Giant AS and BOClean with this configuratiom but I do not. BOClearn will hang-up the system on shut-down with the above configuration. Of course, there are so many other drivers running, who knows where conflct might result.

Rich

10. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

There has been an issue found with multiple logging on/off of the system which has been fixed in the next release, due soon. :)

11. rollers

thats good to hear.................I shall give that one a try and see.

Regards Rollers

12. tlu

tlu Guest

Jason, that's good news. I had downloaded the trial version of RegDefend and had the same problem every time when logging off from my restricted user account. The log didn't show anything. The problem didn't occur under my administrator account. When I de-installed RegDefend the problem was gone.

System: WinXP Pro SP2, Outpost 2.6, KAV Personal Pro 5.0, ProcessGuard 3.15.

When the problem is fixed I'll try your software again.

13. rollers

Any idea when the fixed version will be released? I have set it to not run on startup, then I can run it in my screen. It logs off ok if I exit the program before log off. I have two limited account users on the computer so I am having to run it manually until you are able to release the fix. The hang is always if regdefend is still running at log off or shut down.

Thanks rollers

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  14. tlu

tlu Guest

Additional remark: After de-installing RegDefend I tried DCS's RegProt - with the same problem! Again no hint regarding the cause of the problem. But I suspect an interference with KAV 5.0 since this software also caused problems when I tried PrevX some time ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.