Hacking Wireless Networks with Man in the Middle Attacks - Video

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Hungry Man, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Interesting video. Note that the guy recommends Gmail because it encrypts traffic.

3. Hungry Man

Yep. Not that it'll help you much if they know what they're doing. But it'll certainly stop this particular attack.

4. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

It's definitely something to think serirously about. I suppose what it comes down to is if one is going to use a public wifi, don't do anything over the network that involves private information, especially banking and anything else requring password and other personal info submission.

5. Hungry Man

Pretty much. It's easy to get gmail passwords sitting in a starbucks, or any other email client for that matter.

Still, I go to starbucks with my computer and often use GMail. I just kinda figure no one is going to be trying anything.

6. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Yep, that's kinda my approach on it as well. I've never yet seen anyone in a Starbucks that looks like a hacker, anyway :D

7. Hungry Man

I don't look much like a hacker lol and I wouldn't consider myself one but I certainly could steal a loooot of info at starbucks. But I kinda just assume that not everyone has the knowledge or motivation to do it and even if they did it's not very nice =p

8. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

That sounds suspiciously like relying on common sense...:p

9. Hungry Man

Oh I'm the first to say I'm a hypocrite lol

10. x942

x942 Guest

Well apparently you haven't seen me yet ;) I love going to starbucks and seeing people leaking data and perform MITM attacks and redirect them to other places. Although I do it for fun and never actually use any info I find. My favorite is doing the ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.