Hackers steal $8 million from users running trojanized BitKeep apps

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by stapp, Dec 27, 2022.

1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...n-from-users-running-trojanized-bitkeep-apps/

2. Willy2

Willy2 Registered Member

- How come I am NOT surprised o_O
    - It reminds me of the saying "If you see one cockroach then you can be sure that more cockroaches will emerge". The same applies to for all the crypto currencies and the crypto currencies that are in fact scams across the board. I think all cryptocurrencies will go down to their intrinsic value called ZERO. This kind of trojan(s) further will help decrease the confidence for any of the cryptocurrencies.
    - Have read too many articles about all kinds of digital scams lately. Who says that BitKeep wasn't involved in the scam / hack itself ??

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes I agree, bitcoin is crap. I've read that North Korea managed to steal at least $1 billion by hacking cryptocurrencies exchanges. But anyway, what I don't understand about this attack is that apparently the legitimate BitKeep app that was downloadable from Google Play was hijacked? This would mean that it was a quite serious supply chain attack. And mobile AV's did nothing to stop it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.