Hackers Gained Access to Sensitive Military Files

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Osaban, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ Osaban

Thanks for posting :thumb:

Only "some are clueless" ? But they still tolerate it & continue to give them Millions of YOUR tax $ time after time :thumbd:

Sounds like he should be shown the door as well !

3. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

I think the Cartwright statement should be read differently.
    Imo, he means, it's no use, to not have an offensive attitude (aswell) when attacked;

"He said that in regard to cyberdefense, American military commanders were now devoting 90 percent of their attention to building better firewalls and only 10 percent to ways of deterring hackers from attacking. He said a better strategy would be the reverse, focusing almost entirely on offense.
    The Pentagon, he said, needs a strategy “that says to the attacker, ‘If you do this, the price to you is going to go up, and it’s going to ever escalate.’ ” He added that right now “we’re on a path that is too predictable — it’s purely defensive. There is no penalty for attacking right now.”
    link

4. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

There's one big problem with an offensive strategy, knowing for certain that the one you target is the actual attacker and not some innocent party that being exploited or set up to look like the attacker.

Of course none of this would be a problem if they'd stop making sensitive material accessible from the internet in the first place. Then again, maybe this is by design. It gives them "justification" for an internet "kill switch". It "justifies" the intercepting and monitoring domestic traffic under the guise of national security. I'm beginning to think it's not incompetence on their part, but a means to justify their police state policies.

5. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

"Sensitive" Military Files are not that "sensitive" anymore...:doubt:

6. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Exactly!

Instead of these announcements, which are designed to just make everyone fearful - Ministers 'using fear of terror' , they should be informing us whom just got fired for being so careless with such sensitive info. These incidents are announced so regularly now, with such a defeatist attitude, people just accept them "oh well, those pesky chinese got through our best defences again, and goddamn they've gone and found that secret stash of blueprints for the next stealth bomber''. I don't believe this BS anymore. The internet isn't the big scary place certain people would have us believe.

The Government wants control of the internet to prevent people finding out the truths that are happening in the world right now. The drip, drip effect of stories like this one will just bring about that. The End.

7. trismegistos

trismegistos Registered Member

I agree. Or to speculate even further(tin foil hat on), probably some if not most of these attacks are falseflags like a cyber911 and behind the latter are TPTW/TPTB's own cyberjackals and hitmen(to borrow terms from John Perkins' work -http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/21/30/69333021/documents/confession_economichitman.pdf ) posing as cyber terrorists from a perceived enemy nation state or simply as anonymous cyber libertarians. :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  8. noone_particular

It completely amazes me that people can't look at incidents like this and many of the other incidents and events mentioned here and elsewhere. Take those and add in some of the beyond criminal activities of the big money corporations (done with government support). The pieces are all in plain sight, yet most can't or don't want to see where this is leading. I'd hate to be young with the direction this world is going. It isn't going to be one I'd want to live in.

9. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I'm with you Commando and noone. Instead of people getting fired, or demoted, this turns into an agenda.
    At least you guys have who to vote for. The one guy i wanted to run in my own country.

10. noone_particular

The only candidates with any chance of winning are those already pre-approved by big money. Even then, it makes no difference who gets in. On everything that matters, they just continue the same policies as their predecessor. The last election has made that painfully obvious. The whole process is a sham.

On the original subject, it absolutely amazes me that the general public gets so focused on the hacker (or their nationality) and completely overlooks the fact that not only is this supposedly sensitive data accessible from the web, it isn't even encrypted. How can so many not see the fact that this so-called "sensitive data" is almost completely unprotected? How blatant does this farce have to be?
    I have to wonder which of these is the case:
    1, Can so many really be so blind?
    or
    2, Do they just not want to see? By pretending the problem does not exist, it continues to get worse and more blatant.

11. trismegistos

Never been so positive as before. The Bilderbergers et al's gameplans have all been known and put into the spotlight and more and more people are being awakened and being more aware of the various covert operations and machinations. The very few are losing their grip and can't control anymore the critical mass of enlightened people leading the way for those who are still in their slumber. They can't fool us anymore.

12. noone_particular

I would like to think that you're right, but I don't see this "mass of enlightened people". I see individuals and small groups on the internet who have their eyes open, but on the street, in the workplace, among friends, etc, I don't see them. As far as I can see, the masses just don't see what's happening. Right now, there isn't enough of "us" for them to worry about.

13. trismegistos

They're in cyberspace? :) Sometimes ago, I awoke from a dream that wars from the future will be waged in cyberspace. Revolutions don't need to be in the streets. Revolutions in the mental realms is happening as we speak. From where I am, if you would ask any random people and you'll be surprise they are very aware. There is discontent and some indignation. You are seeing this in various places. Perhaps, not in your pampered comfy community but ordinary people are now demanding to know the truth. Why is there usury, higher taxes and prices of goods? Why only a few greedy psychopathic people are getting richer why the rest of us are all getting poorer? People are now demanding change. People in Greece, Ireland and Spain are wanting to be free from the chains(onerous debt) of the greedy loansharks or the Big banks headed by the Inter-Alpha group which was created after the gold standard was discarded in 1971.

There's enough of us and they're so few. More and more elite's men(3lettered agencies) are getting disillusioned and are now turning their back away from their masters. Their unholy alliances are breaking apart. Some faction of the elites are fighting among themselves and are getting desperate as their time is almost up. The ever accelerating vibrational frequencies and increasing energies are unmasking these elites for what they're truly are, Reptilians o_O , metaphysically speaking. ha ha

14. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

So it's not just me that's woken up :thumb: Some very sharp observations etc posted ;)

Careful though, because you might be called a NUT, just like i was recently on here :D Bothered ? not me :p

15. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Yup. Gonna have to start throwing that label around more and more.

16. noone_particular

Lol. I've been labelled paranoid for a long time, here and elsewhere. Then again, I'd rather be paranoid than blind to what's going on.

trismegistos,
    I'm finding it hard to share your optimism. Yes, they are comparatively few but so are we. The vast majority either don't see or don't want to see what's really happening. Or they're of the mindset that there's nothing we can do. Yes, many complain and place blame, and do nothing more. Sadly, the term "we the sheeple" fits the majority. People voted for "change" in the last election and still haven't realized that nothing of any importance has changed. They're quick to blame an individual or a party while not seeing the forces that control both of them. I'd like to think we can change the situation, but I think it will collapse under its own corrupt weight first.

17. guest

guest Guest

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

David Icke would be proud of some of our forum members.

"Reptilians"....... HAHAHAHA.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
  18. trismegistos

^ :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Let's say Bah! Bah! Rofl
    I am now beginning to share your sentiments. So many sheeple would rather remain apathetic. The Dark Cabal's House of Cards is falling but they would love everyone to fall with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.