Hackers Freezing Hotmail accounts.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by arran, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arran

arran Registered Member

apparently hackers can easily Lock/Freeze certain email MSN accounts, they have these programs which bomb bard hotmails servers with incorrect passwords on a email address 24/7. So as a result the user cannot log into their account because it is locked because of to many incorrect pass word entries. At first I didn't think it was possible until I downloaded an app and tested it. Of course I only tested it on one of my MSN accounts.

UNfortunatly I can't see any possible way to prevent this. The only way would be if hotmail and other email services would only allow the users IP address to login.

The reason I know about this is because I have been spending time on certain Hacking forums to see the latest methods of how hackers infect pc's. I won't post links here because its against these forum rules.

2. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Same with Yahoo's mail. Spamming the account log in with erroneous password attempts locks the account. Script kiddie booter geeks do this a lot in chatrooms as some kinda ego trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.