Hackers Freezing Hotmail accounts.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by arran, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arran

arran Registered Member

apparently hackers can easily Lock/Freeze certain email MSN accounts, they have these programs which bomb bard hotmails servers with incorrect passwords on a email address 24/7. So as a result the user cannot log into their account because it is locked because of to many incorrect pass word entries. At first I didn't think it was possible until I downloaded an app and tested it. Of course I only tested it on one of my MSN accounts.

UNfortunatly I can't see any possible way to prevent this. The only way would be if hotmail and other email services would only allow the users IP address to login.

The reason I know about this is because I have been spending time on certain Hacking forums to see the latest methods of how hackers infect pc's. I won't post links here because its against these forum rules.

2. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Same with Yahoo's mail. Spamming the account log in with erroneous password attempts locks the account. Script kiddie booter geeks do this a lot in chatrooms as some kinda ego trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.