Hackers deploying 'bots' on a massive scale

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

vnunet.com

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

"Dear _____,

All chain letters are bad. This is a chain letter, but it isn't bad. You know me personally, and you've had emails from me before, so please read this one.

Millions of computers are hacked into and infected every year, so all I ask you to do is download and install the protections listed below (just click on the ones you prefer):

One of the following free firewalls that I recommend

One of the following free antivirus program that I recommend
    • Antivirus one
    • Antivirus two

One of the following free antitrojan programs that I recommend
    • Antitrojan one
    • Antitrojan two
    ]

One of the following free antispyware programs that I recommend
    • Antispyware one
    • Antispyware two

Then reply to let me know that you've done it. Finally, take your name of the top of this letter and forward it, with your own name, to at least one other person.

What do you get? Fewer attacks, fewer viruses, and a faster, less clogged Internet!

Yours,

______"

Or something like that....

3. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Yea, Checky!

Like the, "just write down allllll the people you want to notify or share or tell or what-ev-er, and we will make sure the information gets to them in a safe and secure manner!"

Then there are the empty boxes for the poor friends and relatives you are thinking are going to be safe, happy, lose weight, do yoga, publish their memoirs, make a million! Just fill alll these out with your loved ones info!! Yadda Yadda Yadda Ya!

Every body knows!!!! a million isn't going to get you to the next decade or less, that should be your first clue! :)

Do wish I were smarter about programming just to help blow them to smithereens! Whew! I needed to say that! :eek:

Never know when a free statement will be your last!! :) :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.