"hacked OCX" and dialup probs wi. TDS3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Thomas Bunetta, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been experiencing situations where TDS3 is called up (Ex. when I attempt to "quick-view" a file) when it shouldn't be...
    And...
    I recently ran "The Cleaner" (OK, so I'm paranoid and like redundant security :)) and it reported a couple of "hacked OCX's in the TDS folders.
    I uninstalled TDS3 and downloaded a "fresh" copy and The Cleaner now gives it a clean bill of health.
    Has anyone else reported TDS being hacked?
    TIA,
    Tom

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Thomas Bunetta and welcome,
    Let me guess, in the TDS.Unpk folder?
    could have been copies there of scanned nasties which normally are deleted but sometimes a few stay there and will be deleted afterwards?
    I have only comdlg32.ocx version 6.00.8418 in the TDS directory, so not in the Unpk folder, thought all the others to be in windows\system.
    Would be interesting to know about the files if they were corrupt or what else can be concluded. Suppose you deleted them and are not able to submit them anymore?

About the TDS appearing, is that to scan a file, like a download? Do you have a registered version with the exec protection installed? This works only with TDS running btw.
    Do you run XP and with rightclick scan with TDS?
    Some XP users are experiencing every exe is scanned each time because of that exec protection and have to disable the rightclick scan for exe files; have to find back Gavin's posting about this, where he explained and posted a file some time ago to correct this situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.