Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Cycloid Torus, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @javacool
    I'm just getting to know your software. SpywareBlaster 3.1 has many fine features. I especially like the way it loads sites into IE.

Since I have been running XP as a single user, I had left it as administrative. With the script exploits, I decided to limit this in IE within my old user account.

I opened a new "limited" account and started up IE. No sites restricted. I started SpywareBlaster and it seemed to be saying I was protected. I don't think it was truthful. I found that I needed to uncheck and re-check in order to get it ready to enter the "bad" sites list into my new users browser. Then I asked for and got "protected".

Hope I haven't wasted your time and that this is useful. I tried search, but didn't see any prior art on this.

CT

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

hey :D

spyware blaster has alot of "Current User" settings (restricted sites for example) 2 get full protection u have 2 install spyware blaster on each user account,

regards :D

HTH

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Never a waste of time - I do believe that Javacool appreciates all the feedback he gets here. I do think that MCT has hit the nail on the head in regards to installing per user account in an XP setting.

Anyway, welcome to Wilders and be sure to take a browse through all the forums if you've got the time, you just might find something interesting - we've got lots :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.