guard.exe slowing up the works

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by screamer, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

This seems to have happened within the last few days / updates.

I realize that guard is supposed to check all programs upon opening, but the CPU usage is slowing things down dramatically. Every time I envoke an app, I get a (guard) spike of up to 80%.

Has anyone else experienced this? Ifso, have you found a solution?

...screamer

see sig for box specs.

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I do not know the real cause of your problem. But I do know one thing for sure. That is to enlist a third party app to ease up CPU surge. I am using CPU cool. It helps solving CPU growing pain on many many occasions. CPU usage is not a major concern for me any more . The other app you may consider is CPU Idle. Good luck.

3. screamer

Would changing "Priorty" to below normal in tskmngr / Whatsrunning curb its CPU usage?

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Don't know if this might be of some use for you or not but after reading your disappointment in CPU spikes i thought this app might prove useful in this instance untill things are worked out. I have it and used it on occasion to keep CPU usage from different programs from taxing too much usage.

Process Tamer

Regards EASTER

5. screamer

Well, as quick as this occurrence started, is as quick as it stopped. Only lasted ~2days. Very strange indeed.

Perman / Easter thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep 'em in mind if I need to tame a process :)

...screamer

6. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Glad things are back to normal for you again.

Yeah this invention called the computer can make for some harrowing excitement and curiosity sometimes, not to mention chewing on nails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.