GRRR XP GRRRR PROBLEMS.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mr.Blaze, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

Xp is anoying me im haveing a problem

i use to be able to get files i wanted out of my temporary internet folder in winme

xp works difrently as soon as you log off al files disapear in temporaryinternet folder

also when i view some movies on the net the ones that end up on your browser there not in the temporary internet folder in xp

so i cant get them out to save them

is there a config i can do to stop xp from deleting stuff i view on the net

also where do those movies go i know my pc dowenloaded them and i know there somewhere where do they hide?

quicktime movies or mpg seem to be the only ones that stay in temp

also whats with juno or isp's

i notice when you stay on the net long time no pages load says something like action cancled or something lame

yet it shows im still conected to the net

is my isp screwing me

forexample

blaze dowenload adult movie

come back hour later

movie stoped on browser

blaze like what the heck

im still on net

then blaze try to lad wilders page and otherwebsites and pages all pages come out action cancled

i have to log off and log on algain what going on

why when i log off temp files go alway

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Have you typed the name of a movie in search and see if it comes up? I am sure you have but maybe not.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

sounds like an ip problem Also make sure IE is not set to delete temp internet files in internet options, advanced, towards bottom of page. I have mine checked because I don't use it.

Attached Files:

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You used ZAPro, didn't you, which also has the cleaning caches and temp function, look into that too, as you can tell it not to or how often it can do so.
    And there was some setting in the IE configuration too, like the one bigc described.

5. Mr.Blaze

:DYEAH Big C i did try to use search for the files nothing ever comes up

of course the movies arnt fully dowenloaded but there somewhere cause i can replay off my browser the incomplet movie

in quicktime it says it saves the movies you watch off your browser in its quick time casha no clue where these casha are

also i notice real player and windows media player browswer movies when fully dowenloaded are no where to befound?

i did go into advance and do the setting for ie to stop deleting files thx for that

hi jooskey the Zap is not set to clean casha or cookies or temp files

ip problem is that because i got rid of this setting ? looky

Attached Files:

6. Mr.Blaze

:eek:or could those blank pages problem be because of ZAP SETTING TO HIDE IP ADRESS AS SHOWEN BELOW

Attached Files:

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Blaze,

No, that option in ZAP is just for messages being sent to Zone Labs (like if you hit the "more info" button on alerts). It won't effect anything your browser or media players are doing.

So, how long has this blank page / bad browser session thing been happening? Always since getting on XP, or did it start at some point after that?

My first guess would be Privacy settings in ZAP if you have those enabled. I'd try turning all options on the Main Privacy tab off, restarting your system and testing to see if this timeout (or whatever we want to call it), is still happening.

Also, have you ever made a "backup" of your ZAP configuration in case you need to rebuild your ZAP database? (ZAP > Overview panel > Preferences tab > Backup button.) You really should have one of those just in case it turns out your ZAP config is bad and you need to rebuild it to fix all this.

8. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

You might check the maximum size of your temporary internet file folder. Right-click on the IE icon, choose properties, and then the settings button and check the maximum file size setting.in MB. Could be set too low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.