grr maxtor one touch III

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

HI, i have a maxtor one touch III. its been great up intill today.
    today i plugged it in and pressed the one touch button like always and it seemed to get stuck on a file so i pressed the stop button it then went back to the main window. but it was still using 100percent cpu and the harddrive light still blinking till I ended the maxblack backup service. to make things worse after the reboot it loaded up and used 100percent cpu even thou the harddrive wasnt connected. now the service dont load at startup and if i start it in services it uses 100percent cpu. something is wrong with it but i dont know what.
    anyone else got a maxtor one tocuh III and can help me?
    at least till i get a reply from maxtor.
    i sent the email before i finished checking around so im gonna have to give them more info when they reply
    why cant it work like it has done for ages!
    thanks in advance
    odore

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Please elaborate on this One touch.
    But if it's a one-touch backup program that comes with external HDD, you should uninstall it then. Maybe a bit of registry cleaning. Reboot. Reinstall. See if everything works out.
    Mrk

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi MRK,
    yes it is a one button touch backup software that came with my maxtor external harddrive.
    i will try and uninstall and reinstall later.
    lodore

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

uninstalled. now wont reinstall. f-secure asks if i want to allow D: to autorun so i say yes then it asks about do i want to allow it to start the install so i say yes.
    i click english and then install software. it gets stuck there.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.