Group Server Service

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pedae, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedae

Pedae Registered Member

Hello

today i updated Acronis Enterprise Server 9.1 to Build 3718. Hoped to get the Group Server Management GUI to work better. (The GUI always crashes if i want to change a Group Server task). So i updated. But now i cannot start the Group Server Service. I get the Error:

The Acronis Group Server service terminated with service-specific error 2883585 (0x2C0001).

so what does this mean? What can i do to get it back to work?

Greetings
    Pedae

2. Pedae

Pedae Registered Member

Ok i uninstalled the Group Server and then installed it. Now it's working....

but all the Sheduled Group Tasks are gone.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pedae,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that when installing an update, i.e. a newer build, you should update all components including Acronis Group Server. The point is that it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly.

As for the group tasks lost upon Acronis Group Server reinstallation, I've forwarded this issue to our Development Team and will inform you about the results of their investigation as soon as I'll receive a reply. As this can take a few days, we apologize in advance for any delay with the response.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pedae,

I've just received a reply from our Development Team and they informed me that the current version of Acronis Backup Server functions in the following way:

- If it is being updated, i.e. the update is installed over the already existing installation, group tasks stay intact.

- In case Acronis Backup Server is uninstalled and then installed again, all group tasks are being reset and need to be re-created.

Please let us know if you did not uninstall Acronis Group Server, but updated the existing installation and your group tasks are lost. We'll certainly provide you with the further instructions in this case.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.