Grisoft

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by user427, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user427

user427 Registered Member

Does free Grisoft scan every day? Thank you. user427

2. support.grisoft

support.grisoft Grisoft Team

What exact product do you have in mind? Both AVG Anti-Virus and AVG Anti-Spyware free have a limited scheduling support, but AVG Anti-Spyware Free does not support automatic updating.

Daniel Rott

3. user427

Will my AVG destroy any incoming virus automatically or do I have to periodically scan? Do I have to do a daily scan? Thank you. Murray West

4. support.grisoft

AVG Anti-Virus free protects against viruses in files which are being opened by the Resident Shield. There is a dialog window displayed when Resident Shield detects a virus and you can select which action to perform with the infected file.

It also protects against viruses received in e-mail attachments by E-mail Scanner component. Infected attachments from e-mails are moved to the Virus Vault automatically.

However, it is also recommended to run the scan regularly, because for example viruses in archives are not being scanned by AVG Resident Shield.

Daniel Rott

5. user427

Thank you for your response. But does my AVG scan it AUTOMATICALLY and, if so, how often, or do I have to scan it manually? Thank you. user427

6. steveke

steveke Registered Member

AVG Anti-Virus (free or paid) can be scheduled to run a scan.
    Check at Control Center, highlight Scheduler and click on the Scheduled Tasks button and you will see the screen to schedule.
    AVG Anti-Spyware, I believe only has scheduled scans in the paid version.

7. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I'm considering trying out AVG AS and I read that it doesn't provide 'automatic updates'. That's not a big deal, but will I be able to manually update the definitions in the program?
    What happens if a new version of the program comes out (I regularly see changes on the website concerning the version number)? Do I have to uninstall/reinstall the product or can it be updated throught the update module in the program itself?

8. support.grisoft

When using TRIAL (for 30days) or paid version of AVG AS it will be updated automatically or you can do it manually also. In case you are using FREE version of AVG AS you will be able to update it just manually. There is no need to reinstall AVG AS when new version is released.

Karel Stavik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.