Greeedy little bugger

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zardiw, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zardiw

zardiw Registered Member

Why is it that EVERY program wants to keep something resident and running whenever the computer starts up. Everything from an update checker (like there's new updates coming out every day, riiiiight) to whatever.

What happened to simple programs that did their job when asked and then got the ~snipped~ out of memory and out of the task list.

If you wanted to improve it, why didn't you add support for USB drives a LONG time agoo_Oo_Oo_O?

Now you've got 2 schedulers, and one other stupid thing running ALL THE TIME..........I mean I maybe make an image once a MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I used to be a LAG (latest and greatest) type of guy, but not anymore. I'm keeping the version that does what I want it to, ~snipped~ Palm Springs....................z

Please review this Forum's TOS - snap

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2005
  2. zardiw

zardiw Registered Member

BTW, it looks like Acronis is in deep doo doo. Judging from all these error posts, I'm really GLAD I'm using v6. I upgraded to v7 and immediately regretted it. Kept the v6 install file though, so I'm fat and happy. I can just IMAGINE all the heartaches people with later versions are going through....I feel your PAIN.........lol...............z

3. zardiw

zardiw Registered Member

And furthermore: I use a PCMCIA 4 port USB card. What do you bet Acronis doesn't have support for that so I can use an external USB drive even in their LATEST VERSIONo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O??lolololol............z

4. zardiw

zardiw Registered Member

And last...don't feel too bad ....the latest Diskkeeper is pulling the same crap. It won't run unless their resident 'service' is also running.

Is it any wonder that computers are dragging their asses nowadays? Most of them ship with 256meg, and that's pretty much the minimum for XP all by it's lonesome.

Can you just imagine how slow it is with every Tom Dick and Harry of a program adding some stupid service or 3 to the mixo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O??

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

zardiw, I have already edited some of the sarcastic comments out of your post along with removing an off-topic post you've made in another thread.

Are you here to ask for assistance, or are you just here to post random insulting, bashing and sarcastic comments in any thread you can find?

If the later is the case, then I want to you to cease now. If you have a legitimate support question you'd like to ask, then please open a new thread and ask it...and ask it politely.

This thread is now locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.