Great Trojan Hunter 4.6

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by ahinterl, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

I dont care how great an AT is. A decent AV has far superior trojan detection than an AT.

2. ahinterl

ahinterl Registered Member

Sorry, but in the latest test I ran with my trojan, at least NOD32, McAfee and Avira were unable to detect it -- as opposed to AVGAS which did a great job.

So, I cannot confirm your statement that AV is better than a dedicated AT product at all. Better to have them both, I wouldn't rely on an AV only, and I wouldn't leave my PCs without an AV installed.

Andreas

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I am curious as to why you think it's a "a really bad performer". We constantly remove things other products fail to remove, we provide a stable product that works along side all other anti-virus and anti-spyware products, and SUPERAntiSpyware is always updated and improving.

Have you done specific testing? Would you like to post your test results and the methodology used to perform the testing?

4. besafe

besafe Registered Member

Andreas...How many samples were in your test population. If you arte talking about the detection of only one speficic trojan, how can you get any meaningful results from such a small sample population?

I am not trying to discredit your results, rather to seek understanding.

5. Seishin

Seishin Registered Member

Well, in this Hijackthis guide for instance only SAS and AVG AS are mentioned as tools to be used for removal:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=692

If you got to Sysinternals Forums you'll see that most of the virus testers in there have SAS included in their arsenal of tools. If you don't believe me open a thread to find out.

6. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

AVG AS = AVG AntiSpyware
    SuperAntiSpyware has the word AntiSpyware

So don't you mean the only AS worth considering?

Not trying to to be rude, just trying to understand.

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Yes, take a look over on the KAV Forum where a number of their mods recommend SAS.

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

....................................and i'm one of them! ;)

However i only recommend users to try the free version as it seems to be a nice addition to Kaspersky with regards to adware and removal of it. :)

9. fred128

fred128 Registered Member

I read the posts here and noticed something; nobody gives out the samples they use to test a product. Is there a ban on naming the malware here? If others can't test the particular malware, how can anyone say that one program is better than another? A lot of testing has to be done on a number of different machines by different people in order to determine if the results are consistent; that the malware is always recognized and deleted or that it is never recognized and never deleted. One trojan on one computer is not the basis of a good test. The tests have to be conducted by many people using different products on many machines before the results can be accepted.

10. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

trojan remover is better like that one

11. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Is Trojan Remover an on demand scanner(memory) only? While TH has real time and on demand scanner ? I have used both extensively before. Just can not echo your statement. Have a nice one.

12. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

well im ok with it starts scanning on start up! and i find detection very good with it

13. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, nice to know this. Both have never detected anything while I was using them. Perhaps I should give them a spin again. Thanks.

14. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Think so. AT Detectors are pretty useless especially against stealth malware.

15. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

did you test them against trojans?

16. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, I used both of them for 12 and 18 months respectively on daily basis. None of trojans has been detected. Due to my surfing habits ? But during that time my box was infected by killdisk trojan, forcing me to adopt DeepFeeze approach.

17. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Best way to find out it's use would be to test it against lot's of trojans. The fact you only got one trojan in that period does not say one bad thingh about the at's but lot's of good thinghs of how u shielded ur pc against trojans.

18. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

19. Smirs

Smirs Registered Member

I scanned a badly infected computer today at work, first with A2 and Avira both with the latest updates, then I did another scan with Trojan hunter, it found a couple more trojans. I guess no one single security program is perfect, and a multi layer approach perhaps is the best set-up.

20. flimbag

flimbag Registered Member

I noticed I was infected last week. I was running BOClean, NOD32, AVGAS free and SAS free. NOD32 didn't notice anything. BOClean stopped something from running, but didn't get the whole deal. Both AVGAS and SAS identified it as a Vundo variant, but neither could remove it on day 1. I also tried Vundo fix, but it seemed to be disabled as it wouldn't even scan from what I could tell.

After a subsequent update of SAS, it removed the whole thing the following day.

21. the insider

the insider Registered Member

I had the same experience !!! But for me it was too late : fundo had already ruined my pc ..... a stored image brought me relief !!:D

22. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Use it all the time. Great program... You can even clean the Trojans with the 30 day trial version which many companies will prevent! This demonstrates the dedication to security Mischel exudes!

This company must have received 100 sales as a result of clients seeing the tool cleanup their infections. Great sales argument for clients when it works!

Saved my bacon more than once!

23. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Yep, caught some kind of crap on a relatives machine that BOClean missed. It was not a FP either because the program she was using to develope proposals for her clients started working correctly again after SAS zapped it. :thumb:

24. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.