Great Apple Experience

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Dark Shadow, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

A few weeks ago I purchased a Used late 2009 Macbook from a pawn shop. After I setup my internet connection,I checked my serial number on the apple support to find out there was a warranty good until june 25th 2013. I was curious if they would honor any warranty claims being I am not the original purchaser and I had not purchased from a apple retailer.

I called apple support and was very pleased as the gentleman I spoke with said he would transfer registration over to me and honor warranty claims if needed.Well Just a few days ago I noticed some hair line cracks around the hinge area but on the top cover or clam shell and it seems that the plastic carbonate body has suffered from this but mostly reported at the palm rest.

I called apple support and the gentleman I spoke with setup a appointment at apple store a few miles from where I live. I arrived today for my scheduled appointment I was greeted with curtisy and very friendly as I was there best customer.

After the genius center tech looked over my macbook, he determined it was not a user fault and I am getting a whole new assembly free of charge when the parts arrive they had to order.I was told as soon as the parts arrive I will be called or emailed to bring my macbook in for the repairs.

I couldn't be more pleased with the support or service that apple provides,among the very friendly staff they hire,I am very impressed and would not hesitate to by another apple product or recommend one.

Also while I waited I get to play with the iPads,Airbooks and the New Macbook pro with retina.:thumb:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. Great story, it's always good when tech companies have good reviews.

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

good to hear about your experience :)

I personally would never EVER buy an Apple product. Nothing wrong with them, just not my cup of tea.

I bought a Macbook Pro a few months ago and I couldn't adapts to the Mac OS no matter how hard I tried. The Mac is for someone who wants to buy a computer and USE it. Nothing else to do or customize. I felt like there was nothing for me to do other than use the browser or search for alternative programs for the most popular programs I like so I refunded it within 48 hours.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Agreed.

I have used Macs, and I really hate the operating system. Windows 7 is in my opinion, a much better designed operating system than OS X.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I just picked it up today and it looks brand new from top to bottom.Some guy sitting next to me had a 2011 aluminum body MB Pro and it looked like hell cosmetic wise. Had scratches,dents and stupid stickers all over it.

I agree as far as macs seema that there is less things fun to do then windows but from what I understand they shine in certain areas over windows as windows shine over mac in there areas but the good thing I can run both from once machine and secure it for both.

one thing I will say for sure that the trackpad is incredible and a real joy to use and so far the rest of the system has been flawless.That said, I like windows 7 a great deal its great OS by MS and wouldn't give that up.

6. mattbiernat

mattbiernat Registered Member

You pretty much summed up my experience. great OS, great produce but I felt like I didn't have much choice as to what to do with it.

7. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

8. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/b...ategy-aims-at-low-tax-states-and-nations.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/business/apple-store-workers-loyal-but-short-on-pay.html

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/a_worm_in_the_apple.html

9. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19697344

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/24/t...ory-in-china-is-closed-after-worker-riot.html

10. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

11. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

To be fair, 50% of all world appliance manufacturers are doing the same thing when it comes to abousing human rights. If you're looking for saints, there are none. Foxconn is not the reason to boycott Apple. There are others.
    Mrk

12. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

13. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

My Apple experience is similar to Dark Shadow's. I've used (and will continue to use) iMac Pro's, and Macbook's all are a joy to use.

14. Sir paranoids

Sir paranoids Registered Member

i stopped with apple ][ when it comes to apple computers.

the IBM compatible pc was so much cheaper for what it could do and given time as we all know it took over the world because of that and the fact that others were allowed to make compatible parts for the IBM compatible computers.

imho that was apples single biggest marketing mistake apple made that is to not let others make apple computers or parts for em.

hay can you keep a secret ? don't tell anyone :rolleyes: my first apple computer was a illegal clone from japan ^^
    what can i say, they cost lest and did the same thing.

funny thing is i still have some of the original assessabler programing books for apple ][ computers and their worth something last checked hehe.
    i remember one guy wanted to give me like $5 for em at one point and i leafed in his face after seeing what people were asking for em on ebay :D

can't sell em though,its what i started with so im sentimental about it.

15. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

But, the question is, are they actually moving at the higher prices?

And, does anyone know what a realistic price is for an Apple ///+ is?

16. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

I've had nothing but problems with Apple products and services (e.g.: overheating computers, defective monitors, incredibly incompetent technicians, etc.). Personally, I'll never ever buy Apple products again.

edit: Just for fun, on your computer, remove the Mac OS Dock (important), open Safari, enter fullscreen mode and open a blank white page. If you see black or white stripes (most of the time at the bottom of the screen), it means that your screen is defective... This problem appears on ~95% of their iMacs, btw.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.