Gpt loader not working for disk > 2tb in Windows XP 32bits

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by ninguno, Jan 7, 2015.

1. ninguno

ninguno Registered Member

Hi,

I own gpt loader to see if i can make one WD 6tb red nas drive (WD60EZRX) in win xp 32 bit. Unfortunatley it seems not working ok and don't know why, cause is reporting it as a 1493GB drive (picture attached).
    http://imgur.com/i89SIfl

The drive is connected internally to a SATA port. GPT loader drivers is loaded ok, but event viewer print some warnings like this one many times
    gpt_loader | Warning | Port driver for disk 1 failed ATA IDENTIFY command.

I already tried the suggestion here http://kb_wp.paragon-software.com/article/775, but isn't working either.

My motherboard is an Asus M2N-MX SE PLUS (doesn't have UEFI but I understand that is only needed for a boot disk), and the SATA controller is a NVIDIA MCP61.

In windows disk manager the disk says unreadble disk, but testing with WD Tools seems to be working ok.

Anyone could point what the problem could be?
    Thanks in advance!

2. ninguno

3. ninguno

Hi, just to say that I got it working. It seems there is some problem with the SATA driver for my nvidia chipset (mcp61). I replace it with a standar one and know GPT Disk Manager detects full 6TB drive!

If someone cares, here is the steps I follow

- Control Panel
    - Device Manager
    - IDE ATA/ATAPI-Controller
    - Right-click on NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller
    - Properties
    - Make sure this is the one with your >2T drive. See connection 0 & 1 tabs.
    - Cancel
    - Right-click again on nForce SATA devices (in my case NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller)
    - Click on update driver software
    - Search for driver software on the computer
    - Select from a list of device drivers on the computer.
    - Select Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE controller
    - Next...
    - Reboot.

After the reboot GPT Disk Manager saw the full capacity. I convert it to GPT, format and voila!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.