Got scammed please may you help?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by iknowitsme, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iknowitsme

iknowitsme Registered Member

So some ididot just scammed me, I will keep it short, I can't dispute the transaction anymore, and he scammed me $120.

So I have looked around and I found a few details of him. He registered a domain, and I hope he registered with real info.

Here is some info:

admin-contact: P-AIW1076
    admin-fname: Antonio
    admin-lname: Williams
    admin-street: 2119 E 98TH PL 0
    admin-city: Chicago
    admin-zip: 60617
    admin-country: US
    admin-phone: +1 7735072049
    admin-email: antoniow187@gmail.com

I also have his IP, thanks to him sending me emails: 209.85.210.48

Now I'm still trying to get more info, if any1 wants to help me and get my money back, please reply to the thread.

PS. what does the goverment and law enforcement agencies use to locate Fraudsters? what programs and methods are used? e.g if they are behind chain proxies (SOCKS5), VPN etc.?
    Regards Iknowitsme

2. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

Doubtful that IP address you gave us [noparse](209.85.210.4:cool:[/noparse] is the scammer's real IP; it's just the IP of the Google mail server (hostname: mail-pz0-f48.google.com).

3. iknowitsme

yea i found that out when i did a whois :p
    can you tell me how the authorities trace hackers back....when hackers use proxies, VPNs, etc...?

4. x942

x942 Guest

It's called a warrant. Short of that you aren't going to get anywhere. The closest you can track someone is their ISP (Which in some cases may be in a different city - mine is or at least my IP address is). Google for "Trace Gmail headers" there are some that can get you the original IP address from the header (Google removes it).

5. iknowitsme

No but i asked what do authorities and law enforcement officials use to track down a hacker hiding behind proxies, VPNs etc. ?
    i.e tools, techniques.....

6. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

They normally ask the respective providers to share the information with them and they do complying the laws. :D And for other countries, they contact the agencies there.

Honestly, if you got scammed and could not dispute, they only possible way I can think of is to contact the police.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.