Got it working

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by GuyTe, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuyTe

GuyTe Guest

I got ProcessGuard working. It is no longer freezing when I click on a new program that is not in the Protection or Security List. I put it on learning and did a lot of navigation with Explorer on my desktop and then clicked on a program and then it worked and the GUI came up and my desktop did not freeze. I think it was when I navigated to the file through clicking on My Computer then C drive (or whatever drive the program is on) and the click on the program. Whatever the can after I did more learning mode activities navigating around my computer it worked. Previously I had already openned up 60 or more programs (everything I could find that was a system program and ones that I installed) and still it was freezing up. So, I do not think it is just openning up a lot of programs in learning mode, but navigating through all the different MS Explorer windows that did the trick.

Sorry, I though pgaccount.exe was the GUI I read it somewhere trying to figure out this problem. Someone suggested that it could be that I had checked off "Block new and changed applications" and that could be the problem. No, that is not the case because I was only running the free version at the time, so I could not check that box because I did not have that feature available. I have bought the product and am now very happy with it. It catches programs before they start when full protection is on and that is great, so I can stop something from running whereas in the past I could only catch after it had started with wintask 5. I still run wintask though because when I run processguard in Learning Mode I will have no warning if something new is running.

That would be my suggestion for a wish list feature, make ProcessGuard able to warning you that a new process is running that is not on the list even though it will let that process start and run when your in Learning mode that way if a malicious process is trying to sneak in while you are doing some learing in Learning Mode ProcessGuard will warn you. I realize that ProcessGuard keeps a record of everything that starts and runs but one might forget to look at the alerts after learning and a bad process could be ruinning for a long time.

I also have a question. I do not see any instructions on how to get ProcessGuard to keep logs. When I go to view logs I see one log for one day "pglog_08_2005.txt." ProcessGuard has keep no other logs and I do not know how to get it to keep a daily log. I would like one log for each day.

2. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

That is the log for the 8th month of 2005:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.