Google’s Education Service Is Under Fire for Privacy Violations

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Dec 2, 2015.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/12/01/googles-education-service-under-fire-for-privacy-violations/

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

LOL, I hope Google will get penalized for this, this tracking and spying stuff needs to stop.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Well considering google has a perfectly clear whitepaper on their data handling they can hardly be spying can they..?
    With google its a take it or leave it situation and considering chromes dominence in the browser field,Most people seem perfectly happy with the google terms and conditions.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

@ The Red Moon

Good point, but the way I see it, is that there has to be a limit to all of this. For example, I accept the fact that Google tracks all of my searches, but do they also need to know about all of my browsing history and bookmarks? I don't think so.

5. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I doubt that most people think through the possible consequences very carefully.

6. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I agree.
    The google privacy whitepaper is a long and winding read.Most people probably will not read it thoroughly.

7. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

It's my view that we need consumer protection online the same way that Ralph Nader achieved for auto safety and beyond. The internet is indeed unsafe at any speed, and it's like a lowest-common-denominator market where the customers get fleeced mercilessly. It's so one-sided, it's absurd.

8. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

The Internet is rather like a big city. Opportunity, freedom and danger.