GoogleChromePortable and Java... can't bring them together!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HAN, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I am testing GoogleChromePortable from PortableApps.com http://portableapps.com/news/2011-10-21_-_google_chrome_portable_15.0.874.102_released

I want Chrome to use the Java JRE that is already on the PC (XP Pro SP3.) It will not do it! If I try the installed version of Chrome, it works with Java just fine.

I have even tinkered with IronPortable and it's the same. No go!

I have searched around and found several suggestions but nothing works!

Any thoughts?

TIA!

2. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

I'm not sure about this, if i remember right, when i had it installed Java worked with portable Chrome fine, but anyway,edit the .ini file and where it says "importjava=false" write "true" instead of "false" and tell us if it worked.
    In order to be able to edit the GoogleChromePortable.ini you have to remove it from its location (GoogleChromePortable/Other/Source) and place it in the same directory with the launcher (GoogleChromePortable.exe)

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Thanks for the help! :)

I edited the file as you outlined but it still didn't work. So I did a little more experimenting and discovered that the ScriptNo extension was blocking an element (even though the ScriptNo window said there were no elements to block.) Once I allowed the site for scripts, Java ran as expected! (The site is the US master time website. If you click on a region, you get an active, running clock showing the current time.) http://time.gov/

Again, thanks!

4. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

I'm not so sure i helped but you're welcome!
    One more thing you wanna consider changing in the .ini file is "casheintemp=true" from "true" to "false". With the default setting Chrome deletes cashe on exit and every time you open it has to rewrite it again

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.