Google Toolbar disappearance

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jabaka, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabaka

jabaka Registered Member

Does Spyware Blaster block the Google Toolbar From loading? All of a sudden something has stopped it from loading.

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

It very well might. I just took a quick scroll through the list of things that SB blocks and, while I did not see Google's, I did see entries for the MyWay and Dogpile searchbars.

Open SB and go through the list of blocked items. If you see an entry for the Google bar, uncheck it and hit the 'Remove protection for unchecked items' button. If there is no entry for Google, check in Spybot (if you're running that) as I'm pretty sure there's an entry for it there.

Hope this helps ... and, by the way, welcome to Wilders!

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Also (if you can't find an entry for Google toolbar), if you remove SpywareBlaster protection for all items, then give it a try, and Google toolbar still won't load, then the cause is not SpywareBlaster. If that does fix the problem, then we would need to single out the entry.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster doesn't block any CLSIDs related to any version of the Google toolbar that I know of.

So I'd guess that it probably isn't causing the problem.

However if you remove protection for all items in SpywareBlaster (as Detox mentioned) and it's still not appearing, you can be 100% sure SpywareBlaster isn't the cause of the problem. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Jz Lauratis

Jz Lauratis Guest

Thanks for the help. I'll let ypu know what works.

6. jabaka

jabaka Registered Member

Finally found the answer in the FAQ for GOogle Toolbar.
    Something had unchecked the box "Enable thrid party browser extensions" in my internet options. I have no idea what did it. I didn't.
    Thanks again for the help.

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm glad to hear you found the solution. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.