Google to include personal Gmail in search results.

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by EncryptedBytes, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

(-http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hDGUEKnfeLBLJxy1-55OGw5qs5_Q?docId=dda2c9c5f08045b5a7a23545d4cc1c32-)

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I've been without a Gmail account for a couple months now. Having them wanting to know my phone number, if I want to create a new account, was the cherry on top of the cake... and, I don't like cherries that much. :isay:

3. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

There are websites that exist which can provide you with throwaway virtual phone numbers. You receive the call or sms text via audio clip/text in an email format. Now that would negate any two factor auth if you wanted to use such a feature.

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Hmmm... Giving unknown third-parties access to one of the authentication tokens? More quickly I'd fool some relative of mine to let me give their phone number away, and force him/her to sign a legal contract. :eek:

Thank you, but no thank you.

By the way, does anyone happen to know if someone sends a Gmail invitation, the authentication is still mandatory?
    Anyway, I wonder why Google doesn't give the user the option to decide whether or not to use the two-factor authentication when they first create an account.

It's all about choices, and they're not giving it. Well, I won't die for not having a Gmail account. It's one less piece of info Google gets from me. They actually get none now.

5. iScream

iScream Registered Member

I'm never logged on when using Google (startpage.com ftw, but sometimes Google gives better results), but still, might be the time to abandon Google ship.
    Facebook already ticked D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.