Google Takes Down Popular Anti-Censorship Extension ‘Ahoy!’ From Chrome Web Store

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by guest, Aug 11, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

Google Takes Down Popular Anti-Censorship Extension ‘Ahoy!’ From Chrome Web Store
    August 11, 2018
    https://beebom.com/google-takes-down-anti-censorship-extension-ahoy-chrome/

2. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

First AdNauseam, then this. I'm starting to wonder what the hell is wrong with Google. And why are they allowed to have such vague guidelines?

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

They can do pretty much whatever they want. Unless courts intervene, as with the right to be forgotten etc.

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

No court is going to care about the Chrome web store.

Luckily firefox is getting better with every release and will soon be a viable alternative.
    In regards to Chrome, can't you use unofficial extensions when using the dev channel?

5. mirimir

No clue. Don't use Chrome :)

6. Anony2999

Anony2999 Registered Member

Google Chrome is a proprietary browser. So they have control of what you do with their browser to make sure it support their business model.

7. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

We are seeing the early stages of something very sinister happening but no one has realized what it is.

8. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

And I'm surprised there are people who still use Google Chrome. I guess the people that use it are probably sheeple, aka brainwashed conformists, who don't mind being constantly spied on, monitored by and controlled by malicious government agencies lol.

9. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I've realised it's sinister lol.

10. mirimir

It's yet another impact of global climate change. Social disruption. Waves of migration. Resource wars. Repression to control resulting chaos. Welcome to your future :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.