Google Play now requires devs to make their home address public

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Veeshush, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

http://phandroid.com/2014/09/18/google-play-now-requires-devs-to-make-their-home-address-public/

2. Countryboy15

Countryboy15 Registered Member

If it really will be like that, I would be willing to place bets on a whole lot of developers running away from that place like it was on fire. That just isn't right. In your own account settings I can see, but out in public, no sir. It might keep the riffraff developers away if they have to prove it's a real address and they live there, but it will almost certainly attract other problems and problem causers. Heck, I'm surprised Google doesn't already know where everyone lives.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

If true sooo stupid!

4. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

You mean a few devs will front page the tech websites for a few days then they'll be forgot in a week.

5. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I'd never use an Android phone running stock OS from Google, so I wouldn't care what the Play Store carried or didn't. If I were using Guardian ROM, for example, I'd expect to only use apps from the Guardian Project. And the same would apply to other custom ROMs, right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.