Google MRU searches

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by anotherforhector, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anotherforhector

anotherforhector Registered Member

I have started using MRU Blaster recently and it seems to work well. However, it does not delete my record of Google searches that drop down when I do a search from www.google.com.au
    Is there anything I can do to get MRU Blaster to delete these?
    AnotherForHector

2. spacecadet

spacecadet Registered Member

I have observed this also. No-one has an answer for it (go on, prove me wrong)

3. Ack!

Ack! Registered Member

Click in the searchbar window, highlight, & hit your delete button for ridding the search listings from the searchpage itself...Dunno if that helps any...Goodluck! :)

4. minimal_subset

minimal_subset Registered Member

Simple it's not a function of Google but of Internet Explorer (if that's what you are using) To turn off the history in the google search bar just go to Internet explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Content and turn off the autocomplete function. (for explorer 6.)

5. starlight

starlight Registered Member

Turning off Auto Complete will not work. I had the same problem deleting the items from the dropdown window in the address bar. Also they would not delete when they were hightlighted and the "delete" key pressed. I have sent Google an email about how to delete these items. I am waiting for a reply.

After I installed MRU Blaster, it has got rid of these items in the dropdown window of the address bar, but I am still curious about how to delete them.
    Still waiting for an answer from Google.

6. PoisonDwarf

PoisonDwarf Guest

Still go into the same Internet Explorer screen > Tools > Internet Options > Content then click on 'Autocomplete' button. Once in that next screen, click on 'Clear Forms'. Now, when you click on the search box in www.google.com you should be bereft of all the incriminating key words.

7. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Eggzactly! ;)

In addition, you can also delete each of those form entries separately by hovering your mouse over them in order to highlight them, then pressing the Delete button.

Attached Files:

• G.gif
      G.gif
      File size:
      18.1 KB
      Views:
  8. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

What about FireFox?

9. someone

someone Guest

Go to IE explorer tools internetoptions content autofil and vink out forms

voila

Pete

10. Aegaeon

Aegaeon Guest

for firefox, go to options, then privacy and clear the history and saved form information. Deleting the saved form information delets all teh forms and not just google's so just be aware of that.

11. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Or just rightclick the searchbar, this will keep any other form information for other sites if you need them.
    Here's a screenshot (danish language, but you know what to do):
    Think it's called 'clear search history' or something.

But of course if you use Googles webpage, clearing this one won't do much :)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.