Google Mail Rejects Outlook 2007 Email Download

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tjg79, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjg79

tjg79 Registered Member

Hello,

I just started getting an error box when attempting to download Google email into MS Office Outlook 2007. I get an indication that my email account user name and password were rejected by the Google Mail server. A box pops up to confirm user name and password, but confirmation fails to resolve the issue. I haven't made any changes to my system that could have caused an error. Troubleshooting Outlook email doesn't solve the issue.

If I login to Google Mail using IE and clear the Google Mail captcha, the problem resolves. If I reboot the computer, the problem returns until I again clear the Google Mail captcha. This is becomming a major PITA to get email.

I was wondering if ESET Smart Security 4 could be causing this issue?

I've confirmed my internet connection configuration and settings with Verizon tech support and everything appears to be set correctly. I'm using Verizon dial-up, because I'm on the road and put my Verizon DSL on vacation.

I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Regards

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.