Google locks out users on uncertified Android devices from Google Apps

Discussion in 'mobile device security' started by guest, Mar 27, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

Google locks out users on uncertified Android devices from Google Apps
    Android device users who run Google apps on devices that are not certified by Google receive "Device is not certified by Google" messages when they attempt to open Google applications such as Google Maps or Gmail on their devices.
    March 27, 2018

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/03/27/g...uncertified-android-devices-from-google-apps/

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

My phone is not certified, but is not affected as of yet, as the custom ROM I'm using, was made before March 16th.

I can live without Gmail, as I only use it a few times a year, at most. But not being able to use Google Maps would be an issue for me.

I tried to certify my device, by getting the phone's ID by using Device ID, and then pasting it at the link shown in the article. But it failed both on my phone and PC. It's not an issue right now. But would be nice to be able to do it, if I ever upgrade to a more recent custom ROM.

3. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

As far as I'm concerned Google can keep their apps.
    I already uninstalled or disabled the ones that can't be uninstalled because their ONLY purpose for creating them in the first place was to spy on their users.

4. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

Not having google play makes it difficult for users.
    I know there is another site for side loading open source stuff but there is not that much on it that i find useful

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.