Google Chrome browser real life security risk

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have java script disabled in my Google Chrome browser. I visited a college website, otc.edu. Figuring the site was safe, I disabled java script. But for some reason, and a problem that has happened in the past, Google Chrome did not remember that I had disabled java script for the otc.edu domain so java script was continued to be blocked. See picture 1. Because of the bug in Google Chrome I was not able to see a new campus alert which was only visible if Chrome properly handled java script. See picture 2. For several relaunches of Chrome the web site displayed as in picture 1. The message on the home page was up throughout all the relaunches and my guess is that it finally displayed properly by accident as now Chrome is back to blocking java script on the page despite having the settings to allow js.

Attached Files:

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

The Lockdown Warning has now been lifted. Apparently the suspect(s) have been taken into custody. Earlier reports had a person claiming to start opening fire on a college campus, a person claiming to witness someone pointing a gun at another student on a local campus and finally OTC going on lock down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.