Google blocked... nothing changed...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by goblynn93, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goblynn93

goblynn93 Registered Member

I've been at a hotel for five days now... Until today everything was fine. This morning ESET firewall has started to block all Google pages. I can't access email, search, or ANYTHING with Google in the URL.

If I turn off Firewall I can access Google again.

I had this problem with an older version of Eset Smart Security and thought this was fixed...

Why is Firewall suddenly blocking a site that's been working for days and how do I UNBLOCK ito_O

Yesterday no problem, today I have to turn off Firewall to use Google... So frustrating...

Thanks!!

2. goblynn93

I fixed this by turning on Interactive mode, browse to www.google.com, save a Rule allowing access when it asked, then switch back to Auto mode... Google seems to no longer be blocked... this doesn't seem right that it should work this way nor fix this way but it did and did!

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What rule was created? Normally there's no need to create a rule to access Google provided that http communication is allowed.

4. goblynn93

How do I find out what was created? I turned on Interactive mode and browsed to Google.com... when the pop up came up I just said Allow and told it to remember (create rule)... I don't really know what it made only that Google now works in Automatic Filtering mode and it didn't before...

All other web pages worked no problem... So HTTP must have been allowed...

I would think that switching back to Automatic mode would make it ignore what ever was made in the Interactive mode but what ever happened fixed the issue and Google pages work now.

5. goblynn93

I found it... It added a Rule specific to Chrome called:

"Allow communication for chrome.exe".

Chrome worked before, its the only browser I ever use, and the same browser I was using yesterday when Google.com worked.

I was not having issues with any other website... Yahoo.com worked, Sony.com worked, Apple.com worked, Microsoft.com worked... Only Google.com was broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.