Google and Mastercard Cut a Secret Ad Deal to Track Retail Sales

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by guest, Aug 31, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

Google and Mastercard Cut a Secret Ad Deal to Track Retail Sales
    Google found the perfect way to link online ads to store purchases: credit card data
    August 30, 2018
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rd-cut-a-secret-ad-deal-to-track-retail-sales

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I always wondered if something similar is not happening already. Now it's "official"... :(

3. Soft Life

Soft Life Registered Member

They sure have a vested interested in what our butts smell like. Once we all know we are being watched they say people behave better and they can control us all mush easier.

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Barstewards !

Pay cash as often as you can, & don't give your real info when you do :)

5. Stefan Froberg

Stefan Froberg Registered Member

Dang...they really are pushing it... o_O
    First facebook wants to know your banking transactions and now Google wants to know what you buyed from shop...

Back to cash it is then...

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

They make you have to invent your own novel ideas. Can't stop them from "knowing" "logging" what you buy, however, as much extra time as it takes, you can always AFTER (should you use a MC or Visa) as soon as your card transaction leaves pending from your account and shows up billing, cancel that card-report it lost-and get a new one with a new set of numbers.

It's all a freaking cat & mouse game everyone is being herded into. Because they just can't leave well enough alone.

7. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Disgusting that this form of sharing doesn't require user consent.

8. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Honestly, I don't care all that much about firms tracking what I buy in meatspace. If it matters, I just use cash.

And it's important to keep in mind that getting extreme about meatspace privacy attracts attention. In order to have some online privacy, I gotta use a VPN service. But in every other way, I strive to be unremarkable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.