Good Web Filter

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Arcanez, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I think his info in incorrect. He claims the toolbar has a web filter, as does the program itself. The web filter gets installed with the tool bar. So if he didnt install that, he didn't have the web filter.

Edit: watching the video again, he has both the toolbar and URL filter installed.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. fblais

fblais Registered Member

I uninstalled the toolbar only, but I don't see the web filter anywhere.

3. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

4. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

6. vojta

vojta Registered Member

7. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Could you elaborate on that scenario?

8. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

9. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Yes now it works

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Check task manager for something along the lines of Panda_URL_filter.exe. I don't remember the exact name. You will not be able to find any settings for it or anything like that in the GUI.

11. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Which part? Do you want me to elaborate about the user not being able to force application in the shareware version? Well, they can't. That's a privilege for paid users. :D

Or, is it about...

Quite simple.

Considering that the shareware version won't automatically sandbox the browser, because it won't allow to force applications to open inside their sandboxes, if one of the user's applications (perhaps an application that's being upgraded or that the user is uninstalling) happen to open the browser, there's always a 1% of chance something bad may happen. (I'm considering a scenario where the user is connected to the Internet, obviously.)

It wouldn't be the first time reputable websites have been hacked/compromised to attack user's systems. Isn't there a 1% chance it may happen with xyz software developer? Some have been hit more than twice already. :D

If you're one of those who's not concerned with the 1%, that's fine by me. But, there's something in me that makes me want to struggle against the 1%.

So, resuming, I wouldn't be the one wanting to verify the odds of such happening. lol

12. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I had noticed that quite a few attempt to call home at the time of installing or removing and that could be an issue as you describe. I had got into the habit of turning off the 'net when I used to install/uninstall on Windows.

13. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Thanks.
    The software (without uninstalling the toolbar) doesn't work with the Iron browser though, but works with Chrome.
    At work, I uninstalled the toolbar, leaving only the filter, but it didn't work anymore.
    So it seems the URL filter alone is useless without the toolbar.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.