Good updates!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kalpik, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Hi!

The past few updates have added quite a few baddies!! Specially spyware, trojans, dialers, IRC bots etc. Keep up the good work ESET!

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Agreed. :D

I have to say it makes me laugh when I see those threads in here stating that Eset does not have many updates. :rolleyes:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

And notice the number of Mytob variants added :-] We were the first to detect them without updates - most of them weren't picked up by KAV nor most of the other AVs at Virustotal at the time we got them.

4. Visitor99

Visitor99 Guest

And notice the number of Mytob variants added :-] We were the first to detect them without updates - most of them weren't picked up by KAV nor most of the other AVs at Virustotal at the time we got them.
    --------------------------------------------------

But KAV did add them within an hour!

5. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

It is better to have zero-hour proactive detection then wait from one to three hours or more for the end user to update their machine. No matter how fast a signature update is it will always be too late for some folks.

KAV is great! I use both KAV and NOD on different machines. However, I am very impressed with NOD's Advanced Heuristics proactive detection.

6. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

Yea, their heuristics are very good :D

And there updates are actually every day instead of every other day now :D good job eset ;)

Regards,

snowboard

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Thanks for your very good work, ESET ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.