Good results with V.10 True Image Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Allen L., Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Well, I swore I wouldn't, but couldn't resist. I am now using V.10. Everything so far is great on my end! Surprise! :)

Only negative issue I've found so far in that the "Verify Archive" feature used on a differential backup that has several copies, needs to still have all the copies present in the same location to verify. Since I don't really do this method, but sometimes, like others, may use a fast incredmental that feature doesn't really concern me that much.

The new 'explore' archive is a very nice feature...allows you to confirm your file and folder backups very easily and fast with no 'mounting' necessary. Many other options I haven't tried as of yet.

Don't forget, I use a rather simple system. One SATA hard drive split in two partitions running NTFS of course, and one IDE backup internal hard drive, and one USB2 external hard drive. Backup times to both are very similar to v.9... Image to the USB drive, maybe a slight loss of speed, but all in all very good. Verification of the backup image files is faster on both internal and the USB drives than with version 9.

So far I've not experienced one problem! I did however, do a complete clean uninstall of version 9 before installing the "new" version 10. Used two different uninstall programs, so it was very 'clean', then installed the new v.10. I would recommend this to everyone. Overwriting has never been a good idea in my years of this 'hobby'. Have not yet done a restore, but I feel that it would be no problem...don't find a real need for some of the 'extras' such as the email and especially the application feature, but might see some use as I've not explored that fully as of yet. Still have a v.9 recovery disk and some v.9 image files saved...so I feel secure.

So all is good here! Will make a Bart CD at some point, but really see no need for it, as all seem fine with the recovery disk provided, but will see when I try to restore a backup to check the speed...but I'm not *that* much in a hurry...a few minutes more, will not bother me. The complete install however, with the BartPE option included has grown to 180MB! Getting up there with Adobe and others...remember when it was only 9 or 10MB!

Good work for the first issue of v.10 Acronis! :thumb: Can't really say this version is *better* for my use than staying with version 9, but the 'explore' image with the 'split' feature opening without mounting is very nice! Opens almost instantly! This alone could be worth the upgrade in itself in time saved! :p

Allen :thumb: :thumb: !!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I use True image in a very simple way so I had no reason to change to Version 10 but I did anyway.

The install was straight over the top of version 9. No problems. All prevous V9 backups were available using the V10 recovery CD. Image creation and restore times to internal drives were are the same as before.

My backup schedule was preserved and ran to time as usual.

As I backup the whole of my main drive each time I have no use for any of the new facilities so I have not tested them.

I note that there is still no way to validate an individual archive file in the secure zone. Selecting validation will run through ALL the archive files. I am not really concerned by this as my method of working avoids using any of the validation processes at all.

Xpilot

3. Bill U

Bill U Registered Member

Have you looked at the BackUp Locations feature. You can define a location then set the parameters for size of the location, number of backups and age of backups. My assumption is that it would rotate the space according to your settings. This is similar to what the Secure Zone does but the files are still visible.

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

No I have no need for the locations feature. The secure zone on a slave drive fills my needs and if I want to see the files I just mount the image as a virtual drive.

Xpilot

5. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I went to try the new 10 ver. but it was taking forever to install, so I just stopped it. Maybe I`ll try later when I have more time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.