Good Paid Video Players?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by firzen771, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

what do u guys think are the best paid video players, a lot of people discuss the free players so ive already tried out most out there, now im wondering what paid players u guys know of or use?

ive tried VLC, MPC, KMP, SPlayer, and Splash Pro, im really liking Splash Pro, but i cant seem to find any resizing option like in other players where u can zoom like 50%, or 100%, or 200% for example, anyone know if that is possible with it?

2. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

Did you try cyberlink power dvd..? I think it will meet your requirements:eek:

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

agreed for a paid product cyberlink is pretty nice. though i dont see the need for a paid one imo

4. guest

guest Guest

Another go for the expensive Cyberlink PowerDVD... can't really think of any better 'video player'. Look at those features: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/compare-retail_en_US.html

But, for the sake of a complete and smooth experience, make sure your hardware meets/exceeds their requirements before installing the all-powerful Ultra 3D version: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/powerdvd-system-requirements_en_US.html

As for your question of video resizing, the free VLC media player (my choice) has this feature: http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=80024

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Ultra is the best-paid player. I am using it since its release and find it complete and smooth.

For freeware choices, MPC-HC is the best choice. For video resizing in it, you can also use Num Pad keys (4, 6, 8, 2). In settings, you can predefine default zoom level.

6. firzen771

not interested in cyberlink, their player is way to bloated

7. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Zoom Player was a good player some couple of years ago, but I think it's a little abandoned lately.
    ...but I really don"t know why you would go payware, while most free alternatives are better over the whole line.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  8. firzen771

mostly out of curiousity of whats out there

9. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

You won't find much. What can compete against brilliant free software like VLC?

10. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

In terms of paid players, I've used Splash Pro, Zoom Player FLEX and BS.Player. They are all excellent players, and at least the former two were able to play some very large MKV-videos that free players failed to play on my laptop. BS.Player is the latest commercial alternative I'm trying because I read excellent reviews of it. Upon first glance, the feature that sets it apart from the others is that upon starting a video it contacts a number of subtitle sites and offers to download them if a match is found.

11. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

UMPlayer Universal Multimedia Player is a great free and open source alternative to VideoLan and others. Simply you can't find something better at the moment.

http://codecpack.co/download/UMPlayer.html

12. BG

BG Registered Member

13. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Seems to be a good player but, unfortunately, it cannot play MKV files.

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

JetAudio Player :thumb:
    JetAudio
    One of the bests, LOTS of features, LOTS of formats for a LOW price compared to others and LIFE time license :thumb: :D

15. ruinebabine

+1 :thumb:

Even if kinda bloated, it will always do its magic on any given media files!

16. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

@ruinebabine

Strange, no problems here with MKV files (Win 7 HP).

17. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

18. firzen771

mainly why im really not interested in VLC is that the video quality is kinda sub par to other free players, SPlayer so far has had the best video quality out of the free players ive tried (KMP, VLC, MPC) so im trying to compare what the paid players can offer in video quality.

Splah Pro that ive tried while nice, has limited features and the quality is still worse than SPlayer

19. firzen771

not a paid player, but i have a question bout PotPlayer, whats the diff between the x86 and the x64 versions it offers? are ther any advantages of using the x64 version, or disadvantages?

20. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Yeah, lots of feature but it's good because it doesn't starts any service or background processes :D
    I like that it's like an all in 1, i convert music, rip, burn cds and convert videos through it for my media player :thumb:

21. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

22. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

BSplayer Pro

Automatically downloads and updates the codecs that you might need and automatically searches and downloads subtitles for ur language.

23. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

+1 for CyberLink PowerDVD. :thumb:

24. ruinebabine

I should have state that I did not try to play one, but I read somewhere on their site or forum that it couldn't. Could be that it was said so about a prior release...

25. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.