Good online backup to use with NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Balthazor, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balthazor

Balthazor Registered Member

Hello,

I've run into problems before with certain backup solutions and NOD32. I'd like to find an online backup solution that works well with NOD32; i.e., doesn't attempt to backup files just because NOD32 has scanned them.

I guess what I'm looking for is an online backup service that looks at timestamps, not file system activity.

Can anyone recommend something like this?

Thanks.

2. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

Hello Balthazor,

For backup programs we usually recommend excluding the program itself from the ESET scanner to reduce the chance of running into issues.

3. Balthazor

I'm more interested in avoiding backup programs that backup files simply because they were scanned by NOD32, although I'll take your advice in any event.

I ran into this problem with Windows Backup on Vista; after an AV scan EVERY scanned file would be re-backed up, even if no other changes were made to the files.

So I'm looking for an online backup solution that doesn't do this, as backing up online after every weekly AV scan is going to use a lot of bandwidth and CPU time.

4. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

We use Vembu StoreGrid to serve off-site backup for our business customers.

It has no problems with NOD32 triggering backups.

So anyone using Vembu's software to provide a backup service shouldn't have that problem. Perhaps check with Vembu to find a service provider who uses their stuff?

If you have a lot of data to backup (say, dozens to hundreds of GB on multiple servers) and you want things like multiple retentions and such, PM me and we might even be able to help you directly. :)

5. Balthazor

Its strictly small business and residential data on one system that I use as our home office server - 200 GB or so. I'll look into Vembu, thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.