Good Anti-Trojan?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Khutula, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khutula

Khutula Guest

Hi all,

What is the general feeleing on what is the best Anti-Trojan software available today? ... I don't want Ewido (because you have to pay yearly for upgrades and for future program updates) I noticed alot of users here like TDS - i am unsure of TDS due to their very one-sided as well as confusing terms and conditions:

doesn't say updates for future programs only TDS 3.

Nice ... WTF?

I thought all users got lifetime upgrades?

As you can see, it would be very easy to spend alot of money and then have them cancel your keyfile at a whim and without an explaination.

Am i stuck with Trojan Hunter? or A2 Squared?
    I know Trojan Hunter is good - but it seems like it could do more and hides alot options from the user. A2 i have not tried at all.

thanks for any ideas.

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

have you tried reading on the tds forum yet?

cause all answers are allready given.

you shouldn't worry if you purchased tds-3 now.

there will be various versions of tds-4.

Inf;

3. Khutula

Khutula Guest

From what i read in the forum nothing changes the terms and conditions of the software ... I don't go by what somebody says in some forum, i go by the legally binding software contract - people say alot of things, doesn't make them true or get my money back.

The terms say you can update from TDS3 to TDS4 but doesn't say you can update the definitions for TDS 4 free. Hopefully they will make a version without all the hacker-esque stuff in it and focus on trojan detection/removal only.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I recommend that you buy & install BO Clean. It will keep you well protected from *Trojans & Spyware & Worms* (oh my!:eek: ) while you read replies to your question, & discover that BOClean IS the best. ;)

5. Khutula

Khutula Guest

I hadn't heard of BoClean before ... Do you buy the program once and get to upgrade to future versions and receive definitions? I am getting sick of buying the same program time after time. I eliminated my yearly spyware definitions cost (thanks to Microsoft) my Antivirus is next.

6. Infinity

I quote Gavin:
    this is discussed too: it will only be terminated if you copy their software, give your keyfile to someone. that is the basic reason for loosing it.
    kinda normal to me if you ask...

is there any reason your are posting it here and not on the tds area?

you got your answers now

have a nice evening.

Inf.

7. Infinity

the fact that they will ask money for the subscription regarding using their gigantic malware database is being discussed at the moment.

you pay the money but you get what you pay for: imho topnotch antitrojan with everything in it.

8. Infinity

only the sun comes up for free. you still cannot compare tds-3 with boclean if you ask me.

I have both and tds-3 is far more detailed, does have a lot of features boclean hasn't....I am not saying tds-3 is better (only an active memscanner is missing) but my guess will be : tds-4 will blow the competition away again...look what they did in the late 90's...they will do it again...they have to cause there is too much at risk imho. everybody wants to be the greatest product and the fact so much newcomers (at's) are in town, is only making the products better and better...all products...(too bad malware is getting smarter too)

Inf.

9. Khutula

Khutula Guest

What if you get a trojan installed on your system that TDS doesn't detect, and someone steals your passwords, e-mail, CC, TDS Keyfile etc ... and DCS cancels your subscription? :)

I have read some reviews and it seems impressive ... but it can be used in a malicious fashion against other computers as well ...agree?

10. Infinity

if you pay your rent every month, you won't get into troubles right?
    just the same thing. you will get notified if your subscription will end. at this moment you won't get notified cause there is no anual subscription. there are users of tds-3 from mid90 who have paid once and never paid again.
    But apperently they will in the future but that is normal for what you get and will get.

pfff the interogate/tcp connect/... right? you don't need tds-3 for it.

I find it normal that if you have a backdoor you want to know who it is and where the data is going to/coming from. and you got the tools to do it. limited but you have it.

wouldn't you want to know who is in your houseo_O or will you give the keys to everyone? :)

11. Khutula

Khutula Guest

Yea interrogate and the scripts ... or the connect to feature is also nice ;)

Is TDS 4 going to have that kind of stuff in it?

12. Infinity

sorry I edited my answers when you wrote this.

Like I said: there will be various versions of tds-4, some with the tools, some without the tools. one of the best kept secrets imho :) but that is how it is supposed to be. I would do it too and everybody would do it imho.

interogate is very interesting, limited but interesting. connect is nice and broadcast too. I find tds-3 the best at the moment regarding the things you get for your money. I paid for it two years ago and it is worth every penny.... the support is very good too.

inf.

13. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Updated BOClean definitions continue at no added cost as long as you have the program. Program updates (such as version 4.11 upgraded to 4.12) are free. Major revisions (such as version 4 upgraded to 5) are half-price.

14. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

Hows Trojan Hunter 4xx?....it seems they are updating quiet a few times per day!

15. Infinity

16. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

It seems that this thread is best played out in the Other Anti-trojan Software forum, hence the move.

Blue

17. Khutula

Khutula Guest

I went to take a look at BoClean and they don't seem to have a trial version - i don't buy anything sight unseen. That must be the only anti-trojan going without a trial.

I think TH is going to suit my needs the best (nice trial, and no update/upgrade fees) ... I'm not paying TDS or anyone for yearly definitions. The statement you get what you pay for must mean your not getting much now if it's free then right? - TDS can't have it both ways.

So essentially if i bought TDS 3 now, and 2 months from now TDS 4 came out i would only get 2 months of free updates on TDS 3 and none on TDS 4? - that's a rip and a half.

Thanks for everyones help.

18. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

BoClean has a 30 day money back guarantee and they honor it. Time value of money doesn't really apply here given the amount and there are enough testimonials floating around here that indicate positive experiences it shouldn't be a cause for concern.

I'm still wondering why you haven't registered and why you started a new thread... this is not what I would call a novel or new question. Run a search and you'll find all the information you need.

BTW I picked up BoClean about a month ago after trialing TDS, TH, Ewido and A2. TDS4 is supposedly the greatest thing since sliced bread but still remains in vapor status for the time being, so I wouldn't include it in your consideration if you're buying TDS3.

19. Infinity

true but that doesn't mean diamondcs won't give you a free upgrade and possibility to an updated signature database if you paid now and in two months tds-4 will be released.

I won't begin with this guest anymore, he made up his mind a long time ago it seems lol

just bashing everything he doesn't like, well he can have his trial of Trojanhunter... :-* *puppy*

20. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

I'm just commenting on the fact that I wouldn't use it as the basis to get an AT because who knows when it will be released.

21. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

TDS Is Australian..Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie oi oi oi..course its the best..j/k..I hear bo clean is good 2..im going to buy it for my next reformatt...lol..maddawgz :-* :-*

22. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Not even close to how things would work out, wait and see :)

Everyone will get a good deal on the upgrade, anyone who thinks they haven't will email us and be happy with the outcome.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.