Gonna buy NOD32, but one question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Tempot, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tempot

Tempot Registered Member

Hi, after trying Avira and Kaspersky, I decided I will buy NOD32. I have my friend's pc who has a full purchased version. I have read some articles endorsing version 2.7 over version 3. Is this still the case? I see when you purchase for download, you can chose version 3 or 2.7. Which one would you recommend.

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

It all boils down to preference really.

I still use v2.7 on all my machines and have a v3 on a machine for testing purposes.

v3 has better rootkit and spyware detection. v2.7 is faster (in my opinion) and easier to configure (again, in my opinion).

Either way, you will have plenty of protection for your system.

3. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

V684 is a little faster than previous versions and is better than V2.7.

try it and you'll see for yourself.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What about v4 :rolleyes: :p

5. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

NOD32 3.0.684.0 (latest build) is faster than lighting on my machine ~Comparison comments removed. - Ron~ You will be very happy with the newest version. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
  6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It sometimes depends on the software matrix on your box, especially security software matrix. Everyone has his/her own different configuration. What it appears on other person's box may not be the same on your box. So I would suggest that you try it and experience it yourself. Just my 2 cents. :)

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Feel free to test v4 - I'm too busy selling and earning a living. I told the staff they could test it, but I personally do not have the time or inclination to test version 4.0.

Perhaps when I get advanced notice about v4, I'll test it - when my notice is reading about the beta on this or another forum/blog, the testing can be carried out by someone else. Every company I have ever worked with before ESET has a closed group testing period for resellers and select customers/users - ESET does not do that it seems. When the reseller putting tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars into the coffers is treated the same as anyone with or without a license, there is something wrong with that story (at least in my books).

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

One totally off topic post removed.

9. Tempot

Tempot Registered Member

Thanks for all the feedback. So when you buy a downloadable version, do you get keep getting free upgrades until your subscriptions ends. Or do you only get to update your definitions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.