Going From 30-Day Trial to Paid License

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Icklewabbit, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icklewabbit

Icklewabbit Registered Member

Hi there,

I have recently installed the 30 day trial for NOD32 on my father's laptop. I Have now received my paid for Username and Password.

Do I have to delete the trial version (which seems to be a fully functional NOD32) and install a different version?

I did try to paste in the new Username/Password which it has remembered but the 'Protection Status' page still shows the old Trial License Username/Password (there are still 10 days left on the trial license.)

So, do I really have to install a different version from the link provided in my invoice? Or am I okay to just change details in my current version?

Many thanks :)

wabbit.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Icklewabbit,

You can keep your current installed product. Go into the advanced menu and enter in your new license information. To do that:

1. Open your ESET security product. Make sure that your product says that it is in Advanced mode from the lower left corner of the main product window. If not, change it to advanced mode.

2. Click Setup from the left and then Enter entire advanced setup tree from the middle of the window.

3. Click Update from the tree on the left then enter your new Username and Password.

4. Click Clear next to Clear update cache. Click OK to save your changes.

5. From the main program window, click Update then Update virus signature database.

6. Click Help in the top right of the window and click Verify license validity to see your new license information.

NOTE: Please allow 24 hours for your product to show your new expiration date.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Icklewabbit

Icklewabbit Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply, Richard.
    :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.