Going back to 2.7

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JeremyWW, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Nothing against ESS. Just don't see the point in Beta testing ESS when I actually need just V3.0 AV. I'll wait for that - my 2.7 licences give me the AV protection I need, together with my router firewall. Good luck with this Beta - I hope I don't have to wait toooo long for NOD32 V3.0... :)

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Then I'm confused why you made this topic ..

3. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

LOL :D he just want to say goodbye to us beta tester

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Well ciao then you don't know what you are missing

5. OAKside

OAKside Registered Member

Yes, your post was confusing. Basically you're just saying bye to ESS because you don't need the whole suite (Firewall, Antispam, Antispyware, Antivirus).

You just want a new NOD32 Antivirus (3.0). Right, so... I'm wondering why you bothered signing up for the ESS Beta then. It was not an invitation to download the latest, unfinished NOD32 it was an invitation to help Eset test their first-ever Smart Security suite of applications.

6. JeremyWW

Hopefully this is the end of this thread. I didn't come in here insulting anyone or anything. Many here (just search) downloaded ESS out of pure curiosity and have since decided they are more interested in a pure V3.0 NOD32 upgrade. For me I just confirmed that I don't need the extra functionality of ESS - just making sure I hadn't 'missed a trick'. As it is, I'll probably keep ESS Beta 1 running as it does now seem that the new code causes less issues than 2.7 - I've had V2.7 problems with Outlook add-in conflicts that seem to have gone away with ESS, and I'm not sorry to see the back of the 'quirky' 2.7 interface.

I agree that there are many who are 'here to help' ('proper' Beta testing) but there are also many more who are here because they want an improved product from Eset - such as me. So there we go...if that gives you something to argue about...be my guest.

7. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

If you can test ESS, I'm sure some of the suggestions/corrections will be applied to the stand-alone AV as well.

8. JeremyWW

OK...fair point...which I accept. It's amazing the difference it makes when people like you make a constructive suggestion, rather than 'needling' me because they believe I made an uneccessary post. It may be that I did, but I get grouchy when others make a mountain out of the proverbial molehill...

Thanks Thankful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.