GMX

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by C.S.J, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

hi

GMX does not get mentions here on wilders, so i thought id start it. :)

GMX is an email (free) service that is constantly advertised in ComputerActive.

well, after having small problems with my ISP who use Gmail, i decided to give it a try.

........ ive now switched to my GMX, and its pure and simply, fantastic.

----
    i can now use my Drweb Anti-Spam which i could not do before due to my ISP being an SSL connection email, and it feels great to be back.

i now have no problems sending files as attachments which is also fantastic, i hated the fact that my ISP limited such things.

5gb storage, the email i wanted was not already taken and ive easily managed to add it to my Thunderbird client for recieving.

it should be said that the webmail is pretty darn impressive too, it looks in itself, like a standalone program, check it and you will see.

ive already noticed they have good spam and antivirus control on the GMX service already,

i recommend this email client, so far... no problems and everything is sooo smooth,

as of now, 10/10

www.gmx.com

your comments.....

--
    chris

2. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

Good call- i've been using the gmx mail service for years, and see no reason to switch- it has free POP, so you can grab your mail with a client.

I didn't even know there was an english language counterpart (gmx originates in germany) until I just googled it and found it out.

Good post, it's a great mail service :thumb:

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

glad someone agrees Chrome ;)

yes, its always advertised in ComputerActive but i always just 'assumed' it was the .de website that i always knew about.

finally, an email i dont have any personal limits with :)

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Signed up to give it a whirl BUT loading the first log-in page took "for ever" on dial-up here.

My present web-based email client takes seconds to sign in.

So not for me at the present time.

5. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Was the first email i had. I still have it, never any problems so far. Like a Volkswagen, it runs and runs :)

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

If Yahoo ever fails me, I will keep GMX in mind. Thanks :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.