Gmer crashes my Vista PC, infected?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by lime, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lime

lime Registered Member

Hello, I hope this is the right place to post. I have recently bought a new Pc with Windows Vista home edition. I have Norton Internet Security (free trial) plus SuperAntiSpyware free, and Hijack this.
    I have just downloaded Gmer, plus Rootkit unhooker. After running them my computer crashes. I have run a Hijack this scan, could somebody please tell me any possible solutions, as to whether this could be a conflict with Norton Internet Security or if I my computer is infected.

Here is my log:

~~ Log removed - see here ~~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

There are some ... mistakes ... in what you are doing right now :

1) HiJackThis has been run with its name . There's a lot of malware that hides because of this . Simply renaming the executable of HJT will help

2) You have run HJT with limited rights . This happens due to User Account Control . Better run HJT as Administrator (with admin rights)

3) If you have a real rootkit , HJT is helpless . It will be hidden in all cases

4) Wilderssecurity forums doesn't provide HJT log file analysis and malware cleaning services . If you suspect that you are infected you must post in a forum that provides such services . There are many ... I recommend AumHa forums.

3. lime

lime Registered Member

Thanks for your response. I will try what you have suggested.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

5. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Upgrade to 2009 for free, if applicable.

http://nct.symantecstore.com/fulfill/0184.077

Make sure to remove the the version of NIS already on your computer.

symantec.com/nrt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.