Gmer crashes my Vista PC, infected?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by lime, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lime

lime Registered Member

Hello, I hope this is the right place to post. I have recently bought a new Pc with Windows Vista home edition. I have Norton Internet Security (free trial) plus SuperAntiSpyware free, and Hijack this.
    I have just downloaded Gmer, plus Rootkit unhooker. After running them my computer crashes. I have run a Hijack this scan, could somebody please tell me any possible solutions, as to whether this could be a conflict with Norton Internet Security or if I my computer is infected.

Here is my log:

~~ Log removed - see here ~~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

There are some ... mistakes ... in what you are doing right now :

1) HiJackThis has been run with its name . There's a lot of malware that hides because of this . Simply renaming the executable of HJT will help

2) You have run HJT with limited rights . This happens due to User Account Control . Better run HJT as Administrator (with admin rights)

3) If you have a real rootkit , HJT is helpless . It will be hidden in all cases

4) Wilderssecurity forums doesn't provide HJT log file analysis and malware cleaning services . If you suspect that you are infected you must post in a forum that provides such services . There are many ... I recommend AumHa forums.

3. lime

lime Registered Member

Thanks for your response. I will try what you have suggested.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

5. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Upgrade to 2009 for free, if applicable.

http://nct.symantecstore.com/fulfill/0184.077

Make sure to remove the the version of NIS already on your computer.

symantec.com/nrt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.