GMAIL not compatible with Firefox anymore?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Recently, I've had a myriad of errors when trying to upload attachments to an email in GMAIL with Firefox, but with Chrome, it always works

When I upload any image let's say, it instantly gives me an error message saying "upload failed" but with Chrome it works flawlessly. I think Google is trying to force people to switch to Chrome

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

FF working fine as always. Something in your config probably

3. berryracer

The only tweak I do always when I first install FF is this one
    to make sure I am always looking at the latest version of a webpage not some old content that was not automatically loaded when I visit the site.

One example being, when I visit www.majorgeeks.com I usually tend to see software that is 1 or 2 days old until I hit CTRL + F5 to do a hard refresh, then I see the new content. This is bad web programming on their part but also this issue never happens with IE or Chrome :(

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

GMail works fine for me in SeaMonkey, Firefox, Chrome & Opera.

5. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

No problem on FF here either.

OT Good to see you posting again, Daveski17. Enjoy your Pythonesque humor.

6. d0t

d0t Registered Member

berryracer, I don't see why you keep tweaking all your programs including the OS with reg defrag and etc :p? Probably, most the problems you face is due the tweakings.

With the PC you have, I double you'll notice any improvement from those tweaks.

Ehe, just trying to help.

7. berryracer

why would you use all these browsers together just out of curiosity:rolleyes: ?

8. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Gmail seems to work just fine for me with Firefox 16.0.2 in Slackware64, with 86 extensions and 5 plug-ins.

9. Daveski17

SeaMonkey is my notebook default. Chrome is synchronised on all three computers (which is useful). Opera does some things better than all of the others. Firefox is a back-up for SeaMonkey. Maxthon is a back-up for Chrome.

I just like variety I guess. Some browsers are good for some sites & some for others. I hardly ever use Idiot Exploiter, primarily because it is rubbish & I don't like it. It's always good to have back-ups.

It's difficult to beat a highly customised SeaMonkey IMO.

10. berryracer

Whoa! you sure do things differently.

For me, I only like to use one browser for everything along with the IE TAB + XMARKS + LastPass extension., I have never needed a "backup browser" and certainly do not understand their need nowadays with AV software being so good.

I remember around 10 years ago, when a virus slipped through and it would render your IE in a non workable state and you would indeed need a backup browser just to surf and hopefull find a cure for that virus. But long gone are those days

just my 2 cents :) Continue enjoying doing what you do :cool:

11. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

No problem here:)
    Gmail is my main email . and firefox my main browser:thumb:

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

No problem here as well. :)

13. Daveski17

It's not always a matter of security though. What with Mozilla's need to upgrade Firefox every six days, Chrome can break pages, Opera can be brilliant yet won't work on some sites etc it always pays to have an alternative IMO.

I have not been infected like that, but once I had a UAC conflict & couldn't open IE (which was fine with me), Firefox 3 then freaked out on me & until I could fix it I had to use Safari. Luckily I had more than two browsers installed.

I like WMP, but it can't play MP4 files from my phone. VLC can. So can QuickTime.

If its freeware, I don't see why not take advantage of it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.