Gmail and NOD32 Antivirus

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mhapen, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhapen

mhapen Registered Member

Hi guys, hope someone can help.

Would sending a email via web based gmail be virus checked by NOD32 Antivirus?

The reason I'm asking is that I received a gmail from someone with the below lines at the bottom of the gmail:

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5256 (20100706) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

The message was a threat to me. However it's very hard/impossible to track a gmail account/message. I'm hoping that with the antivirus checker info above, maybe just maybe they used outlook or some other computer based email service to send the message though. Would I be able to track that version down to a particular computer?

Thanks for any help!!

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

GMail allows people to use a mail client like Microsoft Outlook to check their email.

To answer your specific question, though, the messages appended by ESET to sent email do not contain any type of personally identifiable information, so you will need to follow up with Google for more information about the sender of the email.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. mhapen

mhapen Registered Member

Thanks Aryeh,

Ok if the gmail message was sent by outlook, is that why it added the eset signature at the bottom og the email?

Also would I then be able to check the i.p. address of the message if sent by outlook via gmail.

I know gmail doesnt include ip addresses if you go via web based gmail.

Thanks in advance

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Since the issue is one with neither ESET's software or with Microsoft Outlook, you will need to follow up with the company who provides the mail service, Google.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.